Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Millennium, Part 1

Revelation 20.

You’ll notice quickly that I believe that the text lends itself to an amillennial interpretation. And hopefully, that’s not just because I want to pick a camp that Reformed people are in, but because it is, in fact, biblical. But I encourage you to be Bereans and search the scriptures for yourselves on these things. The millennium question does matter, but I certainly think it’s less important than many people have made it to be. So, let’s look at the text, and try to answer three questions. Number 1: When does the millennium occur? And if I convince you of that, well then you’ve bought it all. Number 2: What is meant by Satan being bound for 1000 years? And then, in the following sermon, we’ll do Number 3: How are we to understand verse 4, where it says they came to life and reigned with Christ 1000 years?

 

Chris White

No comments:

Post a Comment